James M. Kraft, CPA
“It’s important to me that I deliver work for my clients with great service, attention to detail, responsiveness and doing whatever it takes on our end for our work to meet their needs.”
Jim Kraft has dedicated himself to the field of public accounting for over 35 years and has been a partner of Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP (LvHJ) since 1989. He specializes in not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations, with an emphasis on affordable housing and social service agencies. Jim offers a wealth of knowledge in both public and private accounting, business development, and ownership. He performed peer reviews for the American Institute of CPAs, a national quality control assurance program for CPA firms, for more than seven years.
Jim is an instruction leader for educational workshops, such as "Lunch & Learns" and roundtables, for tax-exempt organizations, primarily connected to the affordable housing industry. He also develops and facilitates training programs for LvHJ staff, clients, and business partners. Jim currently leads LvHJ's marketing initiatives, leveraging his strength for strategic planning and relationship building. His knowldge, sincerity, and wilingness to go extra miles garner respect among clients and staff.
Clients count on Jim for:
- A quick response to their questions
- Creative problem solving for their unique needs
- The ability to organize and create clarity in processes
- In-depth understanding of their organization and issues
State Board of Accountancy, State of California
Affiliations & Memberships
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member; Former Not-For-Profit Committee Chair & Board Member)
- BKR International (Americas Board Member)
- East Bay Housing Organizations (Member; Consultant)
B.S., Accounting, California State University, San Diego, 1977
Jim is known as an avid golfer and a fine wine collector. In his spare time, Jim enjoys traveling and spending time with his family in the sunny Palm Springs area.
back to The Team