Scott Smith joined Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP (LvHJ) in 2010 with more than 15 years of public accounting experience, providing a full range of audit, review and compilation services. He has extensive experience in a variety of industries, especially in affordable housing, not-for-profit, construction, heavy equipment, professional services, and maritime industries. In the affordable housing industry, Scott has worked closely with both small and large not-for-profit affordable housing developers, their affiliated and non-affiliated management companies, and their investors, providing specialized audit and tax services.
Scott particularly enjoys the close relationship that often develops with his clients. He is a proactive advisor, consultant, and resource to clients on matters related to accounting and general business opearations. As a senior manager at LvHJ, he works to develop engagement teams that are committed to quality, client service focused, and forward thinking.
Clients count on Scott for:
- Creative and proactive business advisory skills
- Personal attention and commitment to client service
- Timely and efficient solutions to business management issues
- Plain-language explanation of complex accounting issues
State Board of Accountancy, State of California
Affiliations & Memberships
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member)
- East Bay Housing Organizations (Member)
B.S., California State University, Hayward
In his spare time, Scott enjoys golfing, traveling, winemaking, and spending time with his family and friends.
back to The Team